|• Mayor||Durval Adelio de Morais|
|• Total||1,654 km2 (639 sq mi)|
|• Density||9.4/km2 (24/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC−3 (BRT)|
Eldorado (Xiririca before 1948) is a municipality in the state of São Paulo in Brazil. The population is 15,544 (2020 est.) in an area of 1654 km2. Eldorado is one of 29 cities in São Paulo officially recognized as a touristic city, which gives it extra funding.
The municipality contains part of the 488,865 hectares (1,208,010 acres) Serra do Mar Environmental Protection Area, created in 1984. It contains part of the 41,704 hectares (103,050 acres) Intervales State Park, created in 1995. It contains part of the 40,175 hectares (99,270 acres) Caverna do Diabo State Park, created in 2008. This park contains the largest cave in São Paulo, Caverna do Diabo (The Devil's Cave). The municipality contains 41% of the 64,625 hectares (159,690 acres) Quilombos do Médio Ribeira Environmental Protection Area, established in 2008.
Census - 2000
Total Population: 14,134
- Urban: 6,974
- Rural: 7,160
- Male: 7,337
- Female: 6,797
Density (inhabitants/km2): 8.53
Infant Mortality (per 1000): 19.12
Life Expectancy: 69.57
Birth Rate: 3.50
Literacy Rate: 85.65%
Human Development Index (HDI-M): 0.733
- HDI-M Income: 0.633
- HDI-M Longevity: 0.743
- HDI-M Education: 0.823
- Jair Bolsonaro, Brazilian President since 1 January 2019, anti-communist and conservative, known for supporting the Brazilian military government that lasted from 1964 to 1984.
- Francisca Júlia da Silva, Brazilian poet born in Eldorado on 31 August 1871.
- IBGE 2020
- IBGE, history
- Instituto Brasileiro de Geografia e Estatística
- APA da Serra do Mar (APA) (in Portuguese), ISA: Instituto Socioambiental, retrieved 2016-12-08
- Furlan, Sueli Ângelo; Leite, Sandra Aparecida (2008), "Resumo Executivo", Parque Estadual Intervales: Plano de Manejo (PDF) (in Portuguese), Fundação Florestal, p. 33, retrieved 2016-12-06
- Parque Estadual Caverna do Diabo (in Portuguese), MMA: Ministério do Meio Ambiente, retrieved 2016-11-21
- APA dos Quilombos do Médio Ribeira, ISA: Instituto Socioambiental, retrieved 2016-11-21
- Página da prefeitura - In Portuguese